This project is read-only.

Input Lag

May 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Edited May 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking on this project! I was incredibly disappointed when the WPF team gave up on solving airspace issues in .net 4.5, and it was great to hear that someone didn't let it discourage them.

I have a XNA game that is embedded into a control using code almost identical to the Nick Gravelyn sample code that you mentioned (with a few modifications of my own to better facilitate mousewheel input). When I use Xnaml to wrap the XNA game instead, I get a tremendous amount of keyboard/mouse input lag for pretty much all WPF controls that require user interaction. After a considerable amount of debugging, everything seemed to be going fine on your control's end (i.e. backbuffer sized appropriately, etc.), so I'm stumped. Any idea what might be causing this?

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I'm not exactly sure what to tell you about this; as far as I could tell, input was snappy (and still is snappy) after running it a dozen times on my PC. I haven't made any significant updates to it, so I'm confused as to why input would start lagging like crazy for you.

That said, I might need more information to help you out, or there could be other factors interfering. My knowledge of WPF isn't the greatest at the moment, so I'm still trying to make sure I'm not missing anything in WPF's gigantic dispatcher tree and such.

If you find out anything else or have any more information for me to share, let me know.